Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Useful Mashup: NYC Taxi rates

Here's a really useful mashup that blends Google maps with an estimate of cab fare. Just put in the starting and ending locations and voilĂ  you have the price. I needed to check how much it would cost to get to LGA from my apt. and luckily we just had a class on Convergence of new media and discussed mashups! I think I typed into Google "NYC cab fare mashup" And up came my answer. Yikes! I am blogging on a Google owned site about a mashup that I found using Google search and the map for the mashup is a Google Map. Google knows way too much about me!

2 comments:

Jongkyung Kim said...

Wow This information will be helpful!! It will be helpful to know how much cost the taxi rate. I will check it from now on!

ousmane djigo said...

John came up with this idea of mashup and it was wonderful.I think that most college students rely on mass transit for coming to school, but it is pretty nice for us to have an idea of the taxi fare from home to airport for holidays.