Monday, November 24, 2008

Advice to Baruch College

Baruch seems to be well on its way incorporating new media in to the curriculum. A few things I would suggest would be a wiki for students and prospective students that gives a student's perspective of the school and answers questions from a student's point of view.

Also I would recommend that more classes move to a hybrid model like the CIS 3810 I am in right now. This model helps students stay engaged in the course while out of the classroom.

Also I think the school should set up a system that helps instructors use the available technology more effectively. I think a lot of professors are interested in using new media technologies to improve their courses but may not have the time or expertise to do it. It would nice to have lectures available for download to students who miss the class but I see that some students may use it to replace actually going to the lecture and if it were a discussion class it would not be an ideal alternative. This issue would have to be considered.

No comments: